Bethany Beach is a quiet area and known for the resort-style atmosphere. Whether living here or just visiting, you'll feel like you're on vacation the entire time. The beach is within walking distance from most of the area. If you cannot walk to the beach, you can enjoy a short bike or trolley ride to the beach.
Various communities are found throughout Bethany Beach and provide a variety of housing options. Many of the communities provide their own amenities to residents and the area is also home to an art library, plenty of restaurants and many local shops.
Communities found throughout Bethany Beach include:
- Bayberry Woods - This community provides mainly townhomes. Residents enjoy access to a tennis court, a community pool and a close location to the beach
- Bethany Glen - A smaller community with plenty to offer and a good location.
- Bethany West - A community with family in mind, residents enjoy tennis courts, a basketball court, a playground, swimming pools and an exercise room.
- Candlelight Acres - Found just a few blocks from the beach, this community is also close to the downtown restaurants and shops.
- Lake Bethany - Close enough to walk to the beach, this community provides waterfront property, private boat docks and more.
- Sea Colony East - A community perfect for active families, residents enjoy fitness centers, shopping, swimming pools and walking paths here.
- Stewards Watch - This community provides access to Salt Pond, kayaking, swimming pool and tennis courts.
- Turtle Walk - A peaceful community with plenty of amenities.
- Villas of Bethany West - Close to the beach and downtown, this community provides a swimming pool, playground, water access to Salt Pond and more.
All of the area communities offer something a bit different. They are all unique and provide the Bethany Beach residents with plenty of great choices.