There’s no better place to be in the warm summer months than right here in coastal Delaware, enjoying the bright sunshine, the great restaurants, all of the fun and excitement on the Rehoboth and Bethany Beach boardwalks and just generally relaxing at the beach.
But we also understand that the warm sun, the humid air and the salt water (if you choose to take a dip) can do a number on your body, be it something major like sunburn or something more minor, but still aggravating, like damaging your hair.
Well, for this week’s blog entry on luxuryhomesdelaware.com, we thought we would tackle that issue, but do it in a different kind of way. So we polled our agents and staff here at the Oldfather Group and let them choose the best salons, spas and barbershops at the Delaware beaches.
We’ve compiled that information below and given you as much information as possible, so you have a "go-to list" when the need for a little pampering and maybe some repair work beckons. You can’t go wrong with any of the locations on our list, so pick one that looks good and pay them a visit.
Now, here are the Oldfather Group’s selections for the 10 best spas and/or salons in coastal Delaware, as well as the staff members who recommended them:
- Lady and Mane (Lewes). Located on Route 1 in Lewes, this combination beauty salon and barbershop is owned and operated by local residents Bobby and Chae Sade, who are known for the personal attention they give to their clients. Unlike many of the places on our list, Lady and Mane caters just as much to men as it does to women. And don’t miss their “Happy Hour Blow Dry Bar,” from 4 to 7 p.m. daily and all day on Saturdays.
Address: 18297 Coastal Highway
Phone Number: 302-727-9799
Recommended by: Dustin Oldfather
- Vogue on 54 (Selbyville). Owned by hair industry veteran Brandon Tatum, this intimate spa just a few minutes west of Bethany Beach and Fenwick Island offers a wide range of services, including haircuts, highlighting, perms, waxing, manicures, pedicures and keratin therapy. Walk-ins are accepted at Vogue on 54, but appointments are recommended, especially on the weekends. Appointments can be made in person, on the telephone or online.
Address: 36666 Bluewater Run
Phone Number: 302-564-7428
Recommended by: Grace Nelson
- Union Street Hair Salon (Milton). Now if you’re looking for a salon with character, then this one set in a 200-year-old home in historic Milton may be just what you’re looking for. Offering a full range of salon-type services, their slogan is “offering a better product, a better service and a better price.” Check them out the next time you’re in town for a show at the Milton Theatre, for dinner at Irish Eyes or for a tasty treat at King’s Ice Cream. We promise, they’ll take good care of you.
Address: 102 Union Street
Phone Number: 302-864-0232
Recommended by: Mariya Oldfather
- Bad Hair Day? (Rehoboth Beach). One of Rehoboth Beach’s most well-known spas is this full-service one located in the heart of the “Nation’s Summer Capital.” The award-winning Bad Hair Day now boasts more than 50 people on staff, all highly trained and ready to take care of you. Services include hair, nails, massage and much more. Why not pamper yourself today at Bad Hair Day?
Address: 20 Lake Avenue
Phone Number: 302-227-4247
Recommended by: The Oldfather Group Team
- Cartino Nails & Spa (Rehoboth Beach). Located in Lighthouse Plaza, this spa opened in 2014 and offers a “service-oriented approach to nail and skin care.” They offer everything from princess manicures for children all the way to facials, waxing and more high-end services. The spa pedicures are a big hit and last for one hour. Cartino Nails & Spa is open seven days a week; visit their website for more information.
Address: 19330 Lighthouse Plaza
Phone Number: 302-212-2510
Recommended by: Dustin Oldfather
- Paisley Moon Salon (Milton). Located on Federal Street, in the heart of Milton’s historic district, the Paisley Moon is a small, intimate salon that takes pride in taking exceptional care of its clients. Offering a full range of spa services, including hair, nails and spray tanning, the salon also features organic, homemade products.
Address: 109 Federal Street
Phone Number: 302-684-4247
Recommended by: Bryan Powers
Cape Gazette Photo
- Village Salon and Spa (Lewes). Located in the Villages of Five Points Town Center, this upscale salon features a team of talented service providers who, in a unique pricing plan, work on a tiered system. The more experience a stylist has, the more expensive the service. I mean, you get what you pay for, right? Services include a wide range of massages, body scrubs, reflexology and much more. Visit their website for more information.
Address: 17314 North Village Main Boulevard, Villages of Five Points
Phone Number: 302-644-4247
Recommended by: Taylor Wade
- Coastal Salon & Spa (Lewes). Located on Route 1 in Lewes, this coastal Delaware salon and spa offers a wide range of services, all in an intimate setting and with a personal touch. Catering to locals and summertime visitors alike, we think you’ll be pleased with the services offered at this fabulous coastal Delaware spa. Pay them a visit the next time you’re in the neighborhood.
Address: 19413 Jingle Shell Way
Phone Number: 302-703-2695
Recommended by: Donna Atsidis
- Robert Thomas Salon (Rehoboth Beach). This full-service hair salon in the heart of Rehoboth Beach recently completed a new makeover for 2016 and offers a wide range of services, including haircuts, styling, waxing, manicures, pedicures and perms. Give them a ring to schedule your appointment today.
Address: 36 Baltimore Avenue
Phone Number: 302-227-3733
Recommended by: Christine Macysyn
- Beach Waves – A Family Salon (Lewes). Established in 2011 and owned and operated by Eileen King, this fabulous salon in “The First Town in the First State” offers a full range of women’s and men’s products, as well as a complete menu of salon-type services. When it comes to hair care, there’s literally nothing the ladies at Beach Waves can’t do, so stop in and see them the next time you, and/or your hair, is in need of a little tender loving care.
Address: 17252 North Village Main Boulevard
Phone Number: 302-827-4377
Recommended by: Marianne Schall
Cape Gazette Photo
So there are our favorite spas and salons in coastal Delaware, as chosen by the Oldfather Group’s agents and staff.
How do you feel about our selections? We know there’s an abundance of great salons in coastal Delaware and we couldn’t highlight them all. But what are your favorites? Do you agree with our selections?
Be sure to leave us some comments either here or on our Facebook page. We’d love to hear what you have to say.
And if you've had any thoughts of selling your home, visit coastaldelawarehomesvalues.com to instantly learn your home's approximate value.