The Holiday Season could be the Perfect Time to List Your Home
With Thanksgiving now officially behind us, Tom Turkey has been put on the shelf for another year and the jolly old man himself can finally take center stage. It's officially the Christmas season, as I'm sure any visit to or drive past a shopping mall can easily confirm.
Now this time of year doesn't always come to mind when buying or selling real estate in coastal Delaware. But, there are many compelling reasons why perhaps it should.
In fact, several arguments can be made in favor of listing your home during the holidays – and I'm going to give you a few right now. Check them out!
- Buyers are Serious. True, there may not be as many potential buyers out there looking at homes in December as there are in June or July. But the ones who are viewing homes are serious and are often ready to take immediate action.
- Less Competition. There are typically fewer homes for sale during the holidays, which means less competition for you. Your home is more apt to get noticed and seen during the Christmas season for this reason.
- The January Rush. When the holidays are over, the supply of listings goes up substantially and the demand for your home will typically not be as great. As always, more competition means less money in your pocket at the settlement table. So why not beat the rush?
- Holiday Decorations. During the holiday season, homes are festive and colorful and typically show very well. Think of a potential buyer seeing all that holiday cheer or smelling the lingering effects of those Christmas cookies you made last night. Talk about subliminal advertising!
- More Time. Holiday schedules are typically more relaxed and potential buyers have more time to look at homes than they do during a typical work week. So put that "For Sale" sign out front and see who comes a knocking.
- Delayed Move. If you sell your home during the holidays, you can remain there until January or February and not have to move during the Christmas season. And think of what a great Christmas present that would be. Your home is sold, you can enjoy one last holiday season there and then, when the presents have been opened and the tree taken down, you can begin the process of moving.
So why wait? Take advantage of those holiday home shoppers and list your property today. And be sure to give us a ring at the Oldfather Group (302-227-6767) so we can put our advanced marketing techniques to work for you.